Friday, July 17, 2009

Obligatory Introduction Post

I originally created this blog in order to follow my mother, but the more I think about it, the more I think I should utilize the space. Apparently, I am a sucker for getting the biggest bang for my buck... though there is no buck involved here.

So.

My name is Emily and I am currently a nursing student who has just completed her first year. It was a lot of work, so I am thankful I made it through alive. I also have a degree in music and was a former member of the viola section of the Johnstown Symphony. While I love music and always think it will be part of my life, it wasn't exactly paying the bills. Neither was my job in jewelry sales, so I decided to go to nursing school. So far, I have no real idea of where I want to end up, though I did enjoy the operating room, the emergency room, and the psych ward. If you knew me, this would seem fitting.

So yes. I enjoy reading (though I mainly stick to audio books these days thanks to my love of multitasking), playing the viola, watching medical shows (not the Grey's Anatomy type), learning useless trivia, knitting, crocheting, British television, vegetarian cooking, independent movies, good wine, good beer, etc. I think this blog will mainly be about my knitting, but I'll probably include some adventures of my nursing exploits.

And I'll probably talk about my cat Jeanne-Marie as well.

1 comment:

  1. Actually, the kid is on hiatus from the Johnstown Symphony. I think she will always be involved in music. She had observed Yitzak Perlman on Seasame Street while in kindergarten and came home and told me she wanted to play a violin like him....

    ReplyDelete