Friday, July 17, 2009

Big Stick Lover

I really enjoy knitting (and more recently crocheting) with big needles. Yes, it is a bit more haphazard, but I think it satisfies my need for Instant Gratification. There is nothing like starting a project and finishing it a few hours later. It really keeps me going when I am working on a tedious project such as a hat on size five or six circular needles. So yes. I am a big fan of the big needles.

A week or so ago, I went down to North Carolina with my mother to Lenoir, North Carolina to visit some family friends. In the town, there was a nice knitting store called Chix With Stix. There was this lovely yarn by a company called 2 Bad Cats out of Maiden, North Carolina. As you can see, it is quite colorful:





A bit outrageous to some, but I like it. Now they had all sorts of yarn like this, most in similar hues such as all green or all blue or Autumn colors. It was truly beautiful. I bought two skein of it (similar, not the same) of outrageous rainbow colors. At first, I didn't know what to do with it, but eventually I settled on the idea of crocheting it long ways (using both skeins) so the various fabric changes would happen in long rows rather than chunks. I couldn't be more pleased with it. In my opinion, the scarf could not have turned out more wonderful as it is right up my mishmash/eclectic ally. It is so super thick, so it will no doubt keep me warm in the winter. I should really contact the store and ask if they could send me some more of this yarn as it was fun to work with, plus it gave me a great end result. Even my mother liked it!






No comments:

Post a Comment